RE: Universal RDF Encoder

From: Troy Self <tself@bbn.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:56:27 -0400
To: <marko@lanl.gov>
Cc: <public-lod@w3.org>

Hi Marko,

I appreciate your comments. Responses below:

> While I'm all for everything being represented in RDF, aren't the
> semantics lost in your representation.

Nonsense! Without the binary ontology, how would the computer know that a One is
never a Zero?

> While you can represent anything as
> an RDF rdf:Seq of bits, how do you know what the encoding is representing
> -- a graphic, document, source code, compiled code, etc.?

I'll admit to the File Ontology needing some work. However, many systems encode
file types in the file header or rely on a suffix in the filename. I assure you
that the RDF Encoder is a lossless encoder and will preserve any file header
information. The file suffix is sufficiently captured by the #File::filename
property.

> Anywho... awesome.

Thank you.

-- tBs