RE: Distinguishing between types of address (locn)

On Fri, 9/25/15, Simon.Cox@csiro.au <Simon.Cox@csiro.au> wrote:

 Subject: RE: Distinguishing between types of address (locn)
 To: mail@makxdekkers.com, richard.murcott@gmail.com
 Cc: pano.maria@taxonic.com, public-locadd@w3.org
 Date: Friday, September 25, 2015, 11:50 AM

Simon,

Aren't we mixing preconceptions about how the gateways to commercial properties {HTTPS} and "public lands" {HTTP} "ought" to look ? Rather an impediment to consensus, and not a good measure of data quality either.

--Gannon

 I don’t think this group can
 require its members to pay a fee to get access to relevant
 information

 Are all
 your journal subscriptions free? ISO’s paywall isn’t
 really any different to that. I agree that it would be nice
 if it was free, but its not
  the only paywall, and somehow it is perceived differently.