Re: Question about MARCXML to Models transformation

From: Ross Singer <ross.singer@talis.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:02:48 -0500
To: Richard Light <richard@light.demon.co.uk>
Cc: "Young,Jeff (OR)" <jyoung@oclc.org>, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>, public-lld@w3.org
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Richard Light <richard@light.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Well yes, correct.  But that's precisely my point: whatever basis was used
> to arrive at that position, they have been assigned different URLs, and ipso
> facto it is asserted that they are distinct entities.  I have no view on
> what would count as sufficient information to arrive at that conclusion
> (although the raft of different properties would seem to make it a
> no-brainer in this case).

Richard, I'm not sure I understand.  They've been assigned different
URLs because they're different records.  The problem is, we don't
*why* it's a different record.  I don't think it's a "no-brainer" -
the raft of different properties could easily appear because they're
different editions (and, therefore different Manifestations of the
same Expression) or simply because the records were entered by
different people/organizations.

-Ross.