Re: Question about MARCXML to Models transformation

Quoting Ross Singer <ross.singer@talis.com>:

> The LC FRBR Display Tool (
> http://www.loc.gov/marc/marc-functional-analysis/tool.html#table) only
> mentions record type and publication language, but surely this isn't enough,
> right?  This: http://lccn.loc.gov/74194328 isn't describing the same
> expression as this: http://lccn.loc.gov/97813632, correct?

That's where my bugaboo about the dependency shows up. You can't ever
JUST look at the Expression, you always have to take into account the
Expression+Work combination. Otherwise, we'd have half the library
universe connected to a single expression for an English-language
text. Expressions on their own are not meaningful. (And Manifestations
on their own are only minimally meaningful.)

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net