Library Data and the Semantic Web at ALA Annual

From: Eric Hellman <eric@hellman.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 17:31:49 -0400
To: lita-lld@ala.org, public-lld <public-lld@w3.org>
When:
Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 8:00am - 10:00am Don't pay attention to the program where it says the session goes till noon)
Location:
Convention Center
Rm 398
Presenters:
Speaker: Ross Singer, Talis Information, Ltd.

Speaker: Eric Hellman, Gluejar Inc.

The potential of the Semantic Web is fascinating, but it is hard to see how we transition out of MARC with so much legacy work and so much money tied up. Ross Singer and Eric Hellman will make the Semantic Web seem less futuristic and more immediate to our profession with an informative discussion of how we can frame library data in a web-friendly way.

Eric Hellman
President, Gluejar, Inc.
http://www.gluejar.com/
41 Watchung Plaza #132, Montclair NJ 07042
eric@hellman.net
http://go-to-hellman.blogspot.com/
@gluejar