Re: W3C Library Linked Data XG - request for review

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:17:51 -0700
To: public-lld@w3.org
Thanks, Felix. One of your comments made me think that the text wasn't
clear. Where it says (and this includes your edits):

"It provides internationalization facilities (e.g. Unicode
support) for data and user services."

Although this is an important benefit, I think that this came out of a
statement about the use of URIs, and therefore the ability to links
multiple language displays to a single URI. We should think of a way
to get that concept in here because it is one of the benefits of URIs
over the text-based cataloging that libraries do today.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net