Re: Web NDL Authorities from National Diet Library of Japan

From: KANZAKI Masahide <mkanzaki@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 01:17:52 +0900
To: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, "<public-lod@w3.org>" <public-lld@w3.org>
Hi, thanks for adding Web NDL Authorities to sameAs.org !

> I have added the skos:*Match to sameas.org; but I haven't added the owl:sameAs links, as I downloaded the RDF but the way the non-numeric URIs came through means they do not resolve. Perhaps you would like to check them?

Identifiers with non-numerical local part are IRIs, and should be
resolved using any UA that understand IRI/UTF-8. You might want to try
to copy/past an IRI into your browser's address bar.

It's good to have skos:*Match but no owl:sameAs, because NDL subject
headings/name authorities have their own metadata (creation dates,
notes, sources etc), and can not be the same as the subject
headings/name authorities in other concept scheme.

Anyway, thank you very much for bringing Web NDL Authorities to the LOD links.

best,

--
@prefix : <http://www.kanzaki.com/ns/sig#> . <> :from [:name
"KANZAKI Masahide"; :nick "masaka"; :email "mkanzaki@gmail.com"].