Re: LLD mention

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 14:38:27 -0800
To: Casey A Mullin <cmullin@stanford.edu>
Cc: public-lld <public-lld@w3.org>
Quoting Casey A Mullin <cmullin@stanford.edu>:

> 2) I attended the DLF Fall Forum this past year, and was similarly
> frustrated by the lack of focus on metadata during the big
> brainstorm session that occurred during the wrap-up session. Given
> the critical mass of stakeholders which makes up the  DLF
> constituency, I find this gap to be quite the missed opportunity.
> Where do they/we go from here? That is the $10,000 question.

I think a lot of people assume that library metadata is all taken care
of, nothing needs to be done. In a sense, within the closed library
data silo that is true. There are very few people who feel that
serious work is needed. Somehow we need to make that argument in a
convincing way. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what would be convincing....

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net