Re: Querying JSON-LD on client side

From: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 13:41:29 +0200
Cc: public-linked-json@w3.org
To: Immanuel Normann <immanuel.normann@gmail.com>
Hi Immanuel,

> is there a javascript-lib that allows to query JSON-LD graphs on client side?

The Triple Pattern Fragments client [1] is a JavaScript library and app (demo [2])
that executes SPARQL queries over a REST API, namely the Triple Pattern Fragments API [3].
Our implementation of the client [1] and the server [4] support JSON-LD, in addition to other RDF serializations.
More than 600,000 datasets are available through this API [5].

This might be what you want because of the client-side query executor.
It might not be entirely what you want, because of the specific interface.

> The reason I'd like to have this client-side query facility is this design approach: a client can only request through a REST API JSON-LD data.

That was exactly the idea behind the TPF interface, so maybe you should consider giving it a try?
Let me know if we can help out!

Best,

Ruben

[1] https://github.com/LinkedDataFragments/Client.js