Re: JSON-LD for emerging healthcare standard (FHIR)?

Hi Markus,

On 02/24/2015 03:33 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> On 24 Feb 2015 at 20:29, David Booth wrote:
>> Would anyone who is JSON-LD savvy be willing to help on this?  You
>> do NOT need to know FHIR or anything about healthcare IT, but your
>> JSON-LD insight would be very helpful.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do a deep dive into FHIR but
> I'm more than happy to try to answer concrete questions you might
> have or discuss a few examples.

Awesome!   And thanks to Jim McCusker for offering as well!

> I had a quick look at FHIR in JSON.
> The rules are quite straightforward.. but as most cases that try to
> automatically convert XML to JSON the result doesn't look very
> idiomatic. It may indeed be beneficial to start from a clean slate
> and in order to be able to provide idiomatic JSON-LD.

As Josh mentioned, we really cannot start from a clean slate, because
that would reduce the chances of acceptance by the FHIR group to
approximately 0%.   The only reasonable chance we have is if we are able
to find a solution that is a *small* enough change to the existing FHIR
JSON representation that the large number of users who only care about
processing the data as JSON would be willing to accept the change.

Thanks,
David

2. http://dbooth.org/2015/fhir/json-ld/fhir-in-json-ld.pdf