RE: Provenance in JSON-LD

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:26:19 +0800
To: <public-linked-json@w3.org>
Hi Alexandre,

> I'm trying to imagine how to add (basic) provenance information in
> JSON-LD. The use-case is on re-distribution of existing data, in order
> to indicate when it has been fetched, from which website, etc.

Do you think that would be an important use case for JSON-LD?

> I'm thinking of a @graph keyword:
>
> [...]
>
> I know that the graph issue is still under consideration by the RDF
> WG, so this output may change. Yet, I think the requirement is strong
> enough to address it. Opinions ?

How do you see that work when potentially every triple is from a different
source? Create objects each with a @graph?

> BTW, is there currently a way in JSON-LD to define extensions ? So
> that, I could define my own semantics of @graph (that some JSON-LD
> parser may or may not understand) but this document would still be
> compliant with the main JSON-LD spec. Or a way to ignore some keywords
> in the parser (via @context) so that I can produce such document but
> still be valid.

This is discussed in a slightly different context. See ISSUE-56 and
ISSUE-49:

https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/56
https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/49