Re: Timeline and priorities

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:17:41 +0100
Cc: "'Manu Sporny'" <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, "'Linked JSON'" <public-linked-json@w3.org>
To: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Markus,

just let me react on one admin point

On Jan 11, 2012, at 05:37 , Markus Lanthaler wrote:

>> End of May 2012: Start JSON-LD WG at W3C.
>
> Why can't we do that immediately after the syntax spec is complete?

We will have to have a separate discussion on how this should proceed at W3C. *If* we decide to have a separate group on that (in contrast to piggyback it on another group, which is a possibility), than we have to have a charter formulated and accepted by the AC. Then the question is: would this charter include the API and the normalization? If that is the intention, we may have to wait until we are sure that this is doable, which is I guess what Manu had in mind. Because setting up a WG is an administratively not-light process, having a separate WG on the syntax and yet another one on the API may look like an overkill...

Ivan

> --
> Markus Lanthaler
> @markuslanthaler