Re: JSON-LD instead of application/microdata+json

From: Lin Clark <lin.w.clark@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 12:35:19 -0400
To: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Cc: public-linked-json@w3.org
I'm not sure if I follow you on the literal and IRI distinction. Microdata
can distinguish too:

    {
      "type": [
        "http://schema.org/Article"
      ],
      "id": "
http://skillcompass.org/resource/taming-beast-pt-8-displays-and-overrides",
      "properties": {
        "about": [
          {
            "id": "http://drupal.org/project/views/7/3",
            "properties": {}
          }
        ]
      }
    }

It's true that most people using microdata don't structure their data this
way, and instead treat their URIs as literals, but I don't think that's a
syntax issue. I might be missing something here, though.

-Lin

--
Lin Clark
Drupal Consultant