JSON-LD instead of application/microdata+json

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 16:51:49 +0200
To: <public-linked-json@w3.org>
Hi folks,

you might be interested to join the discussion I started over at the whatwg
list [1]. I looking at application/microdata+json and saw that it quite
similar to JSON-LD but lacks IMO a few fundamental things (such as not being
able to distinguish between a literal and an IRI). I therefore asked if
JSON-LD was considered as an alternative to defining
application/microdata+json. It wasn't.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2012Aug/0080.html