RE: Stream-based processing!?

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 16:08:46 +0200
To: "'Olivier Grisel'" <olivier.grisel@ensta.org>, "'Ivan Herman'" <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: "'Gregg Kellogg'" <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>, <public-linked-json@w3.org>
> The question is really of practice, and we may have to look around
> for feedback. Ie: how easy is it, for different JSON libraries out
> there, to ensure order in parsing and, more importantly, for the
> production of JSON? Or do we require JSON-LD programmers, data
> producers, etc, to use non-standard tools? In other words, does the
> JSON community ignore the RFC spec and, in effect, uses ordering?

I don't really like the idea of enforcing ordering since then it isn't 100% JSON anymore. A SHOULD in the spec and describing the advantage of allowing one-pass processing should do it IMHO. The use case isn't important enough to break "compliance" with standard JSON and I doubt that a lot of people will use JSON-LD in a streaming-mode.