Re: JSON-LD Basic

On 06/26/2011 09:26 PM, Brian Peterson wrote:
> I like it! I like the focus and the choice of keywords to include.

Glad to hear that, Brian. :)

> Is there anything I can do to help out with this?

Absolutely, we're short-handed as it is so any help would be fantastic.

> Maybe help put together a primer to supplement it?

A primer would be great, it doesn't have to be fancy or complete. Just
get something up there and we can start commenting on it as a group.
Let's put it up on the JSON-LD website to start. Do you have a github
account, we can give you editing privileges to the website if you do.

https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/

> I'm not sure how you guys make something like this happen. I'd love
> to help out if there's any way I could be useful to you for this.

You're already participating in the first step - review and refine the
use cases and draft specifications.

For everyone that is interested in participating, we need help doing the
following:

1. Review and feedback on JSON-LD specs.
2. Website Designers and Marketers - a logo would be great, so would a
   really nice looking website, tag line, cheat-sheet, etc.
3. Writers: Tutorials on how to use JSON-LD to mark up people, places,
   etc.
4. Vocabulary Designers: JSON-LD contexts that the community might want
   to re-use. We could get contexts together for things like
   schema.org, or ones for People, Places, Events, Music, Movies, etc.
5. Implementation of JSON-LD advanced spec. We have C++, JavaScript,
   and Python implementations in the works. Someone else is working on
   a PHP implementation. Gregg has a Ruby one in the works. If you want
   to do an implementation for another language, please speak up and
   let us know that you're doing it.
6. Tools: Linters, conformance checkers, converters to RDF/TURTLE,
   tools to help people fill out templates (for things like people) and
   output valid JSON-LD, live editing/display tools.

We have around 10 months left to get the specifications into solid
shape. If we are able to achieve that, we'll either pass them back to
the RDF WG to standardize, or launch another group at W3C to focus on
taking the spec to REC (if there is support to do that at W3C). If there
isn't support to do that at W3C, we'll just run it as an open project on
the Web.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarm Developer Tools and Demo Released
http://digitalbazaar.com/2011/05/05/payswarm-sandbox/