Re: JSON-LD Basic

On 6/24/11 7:07 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Glenn, Brian, Kingsley,
>
> Is this more along the lines of what you had in mind?
>
> http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/basic/
>
> Pay particular attention to Section 3: JSON-LD Basic Keywords
>
> I think that may be all we need for the use cases each of you is
> describing. Note that this does not remove the need for JSON-LD Advanced
> (and all of the RDF mapping stuff that will need to go on in that
> specification).
>
> -- manu

Manu,

Some fundamental points that don't come through via the abstract:

1. Syntactic incompatibility != conceptual incompatibility
2. Microdata, Microformats, RDFa all provide syntax for embedding graphs
within HTML documents
3. Linked Data is about using de-referencable URIs in object (resource)
description (respresentation) oriented graphs where each URI resolves to
a representation of its referent i.e., graph based structured data
representation via hyperlinks.

If the critical points above are easily discerned from the abstract, we
finally have what I think most people seek: a simply spec for making
Linked Data via a JSON based syntax.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen