Re: JSON-LD Telecon Minutes for 2011-07-04

On 07/12/2011 03:04 PM, Ted Thibodeau Jr wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2011, at 12:58 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
>> The question is, do unnamed nodes have a place in Linked Data
>> and in JSON-LD? I think they do; anyone else?
>
> I believe IRI-less nodes can be useful within a process.
>
> They're almost always troublesome as soon as usage moves beyond
> that -- because how can I identify "that node you didn't identify
> except to say that it existed in context of your last answer"?

You can use Framing.

Look at the "Library" example here:

http://json-ld.org/playground/

Framing allows you to deal with the data in JSON-LD, even if it isn't
named. It's essentially query-by-example and is how we deal with this
"problem" in a mission-critical system.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarm Developer Tools and Demo Released
http://digitalbazaar.com/2011/05/05/payswarm-sandbox/