Re: JSON-LD Telecon Minutes for 2011-07-04

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:21:34 -0400
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, Bradley Allen <bradley.p.allen@gmail.com>
CC: Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
There hasn't been much more discussion on this topic, so I propose that we update the requirements as follows:

 1.  Linked Data is a set of documents, each containing a representation of a linked data graph.
 2.  A linked data graph is a labeled directed graph, where nodes are subjects or objects, and edges are properties.
 3.  A subject is any node in a linked data graph with at least one outgoing edge.
 4.  A subject MAY be labeled with an IRI.
 5.  A property is an edge of the linked data graph.
 6.  A property SHOULD be labeled with an IRI.
 7.  An object is a node in a linked data graph with at least one incoming edge.
 8.  An object MAY be labeled with an IRI.
 9.  An IRI that is a label in a linked data graph SHOULD be dereferencable to a Linked Data document describing the labeled subject, object or property.
 10. A literal is an object with a label that is not an IRI

If I don't hear any negative response, I'll assume that we have consensus to update the Linked Data section [1] of the requirements accordingly.

Gregg

[1] http://json-ld.org/requirements/latest/#linked-data