Re: JSON-LD Telecon Minutes for 2011-07-04

On 7/11/11 5:21 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
> There hasn't been much more discussion on this topic, so I propose
> that we update the requirements as follows:
>
>    1. Linked Data is a set of documents, each containing a
>       representation of a linked data graph.
>    2. A linked data graph is a labeled directed graph, where nodes
>       are subjects or objects, and edges are properties.
>    3. A subject is any node in a linked data graph with at least one
>       outgoing edge.
>    4. A subject MAY be labeled with an IRI.
>    5. A property is an edge of the linked data graph.
>    6. A property SHOULD be labeled with an IRI.
>    7. An object is a node in a linked data graph with at least one
>       incoming edge.
>    8. An object MAY be labeled with an IRI.
>    9. An IRI that is a label in a linked data graph SHOULD
>       be dereferencable to a Linked Data document describing the
>       labeled subject, object or property.
>   10. A literal is an object with a label that is not an IRI
>

> If I don't hear any negative response, I'll assume that we have
> consensus to update the Linked Data section [1] of the requirements
> accordingly.

+1

Hoping its is clear from the above that a description (in this context)
takes the form of an  EAV/SPO graph pictorial where all the
characteristics above hold true :-)

There is recursion here that sometimes leads to confusion. Anyway, this
is a great start, let's see how others respond to it etc..

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen