Re: Framing explanation and framing return values

On 08/24/2011 12:03 AM, Dave Longley wrote:
> For those who were in support of using {} at the top-level rather than
> NULL, do you still have the same opinion now that you (perhaps) have a
> more in-depth view of the JSON-LD framing? What do you think of the
> non-top-level cases?

My position has changed based on this explanation - I no longer support
the move from NULL to {}.

I think both approaches have downsides. That is, NULL required a fairly
lengthy explanation by Dave to demonstrate why it is consistent. Ted's
point still stands - folks may be confused by getting back NULL instead
of {}. I'm leaning more toward NULL because it is consistent and we can
explain why it is consistent in the spec.

Ted, what do you think?

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Building a Better World with Web Payments
http://manu.sporny.org/2011/better-world/