Re: Links and graphs

From: Erik Wilde <dret@berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:08:16 -0800
Cc: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@zoo.ox.ac.uk>, mike amundsen <mamund@yahoo.com>, LDP <public-ldp@w3.org>, W3C provenance WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
To: Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@graphity.org>
hello martynas.

On Dec 17, 2012, at 9:56, Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@graphity.org> wrote:
> with all due respect, have you built any RDF-based applications at all?

yes.

> If XML and JSON (and AtomPub) are already good enough, why are we building Linked Data and the Semantic Web at all?

my statement was about having a syntax (or more than one) and metamodel capable of carrying specific models. that was the context of the discussion. RDF's metamodel is different from that of XML and other metalanguages, but in terms of layering, it's at the exact same level.

http://dret.typepad.com/dretblog/2009/08/data-models-metamodels-cosmologies.html

cheers,

dret.