Re: Container of caviar (was: can of worms)

On 17 Jan 2014, at 15:10, Roger Menday <roger.menday@uk.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> hello,
>
> Yes. We have overcome the all of the biggest obstacles.
> I look forward to seeing the updated spec.
>
> My email was only about choice of names.
> "can of worms" shouldn't be over-analysed. :)
>

> Current state (?) of important predicates:
>
> LDPC -contains-> LDPR
> LDRC -containerResource-> [some resource]
> LDPC -containsRelation-> [some predicate]
> LDPC -insertedContentRelation-> ...
>
> The first one relates the LDPC to its content document.
> And the other three were the ones previously known as membershipXXX
>
> I am attracted to the word "member" rather than "contain". I think I would also prefer something like "Document" in the link between LDPC and LDPR (memberDocument ?).

I kind of agree that now we have ldp:contains, the previous ldp:membershipXXX relations lend to less confusion. This is not to say that there may not be a better name yet  than tge ldp:membershipXXX relations.

I am pretty happy with ldp:contains. The ldp ontology should explain the range and domains of ldp:contains, so I don't think it is necessary to add "Document" at the end of the relation.
Futhermore, since an ldp:Container is a container, it makes sense that it ldp:contains things.

Henry