Re: Keeping the simple case simple (was Re: optimizing container pages serialization to enable streaming)

Hi Henry,

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>wrote:

> On 15 Nov 2013, at 15:53, John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> > Being mindful of time zones ...
> >
> > Henry: from skimming the other two main branches, I see you're using the
> following wiki pages -- have any of them been eclipsed  by discussions
> already had, or should I still look at each in context later today?
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Member
>
> I just updated this.
>

> > http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/MembershipInferencing

I like the idea of your proposal as it looks like a way to keep the simple
things simple and make the complex things possible. One thing that I
couldn't find was how one can put an inverse relationship (similar to
membership inverse relationship that is currently there). Do you think it
is necessary ?

So I guess according to your reasoning, it should be one of the
consequences of POSTing (i.e. ldp:member will be always in forward
direction).

Say if I want to insert a relation like

<urn:isbn:0470396792> order:belongsTo <#>;

By using something like (for example),

ldp:creationConsequence [ ldp:subjectSelector  foaf:primaryTopic;
                               ldp:predicate order:belongsTo;
                               ldp:objec <#> ]

Also It would be also be helpful if you can try to tell a bit about the
impact of the proposal on the current spec (i.e. which areas would
need substantial changes) so that people can see how it will effect the
timeline and other things.

Best Regards,
Nandana