Re: How to find the members of an LDPC?

* Wilde, Erik <Erik.Wilde@emc.com> [2013-11-06 16:52-0500]

> >> yes, the post returns a Location header. But that only allows the
> >>client that POSTed the
> >> resource to know the address of the LDPR created. It would be useful if
> >>other clients could
> >> also find that resource by asking the LDPC.
> >If an LDP client POSTs an appropriate RDF message to an LDP server, the
> >server creates a new resource and tells that client what the resource is.
> >What other clients would want to know about the newly created resource?
> >How would they even know it exists?
>
> - by clients sharing URIs (bookmarks) of resources through whatever means?
>
> - by clients listing collection contents and expecting a new resource
> being made availabel to them through a navigable link?

Yeah, the client shared it after getting it back from the server that
created the resource, or some other client interrogated the container
and found some member which matched some interesting properties.

The text I was replying to is included above: "But that only allows
the client that POSTed the resource to know the address of the LDPR
created. It would be useful if other clients could also find that
resource by asking the LDPC." This implies to me that some other
client is known to be interested in a resource as it is created.

What protocol does this imply? Is it that some client subscribes to
every new resource created by POST to a container? Is it that it has a
special pairing with the POSTing client but the POSTing client won't
share the newly created resource?

--
-ericP

office: +1.617.599.3509