Re: MKCOL for making collections

On 1/22/13 4:04 PM, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> "Wilde, Erik" <Erik.Wilde@emc.com> wrote on 01/22/2013 12:27:59 PM:
>
> > nope, i'd say that a container/collection only accepts entries (ignoring
> > the "non-RDF media type containers/collections" for now), and if you
> POST
> > anything else, you'll get a "precondition violated" exception.
>
> I believe this is where the disconnect is.
>
> If I got it right, in AtomPub and the model Erik is suggesting we
> adopt because it would work both for composition and aggregation, a
> collection doesn't contain member resources directly, it contains
> entries. Entries can then contain resources (composition) or links to
> other resources (aggregation).
> The cost of this model is to introduce a level of indirection.
>
> LDPC do not have anything like that. Instead, resources are directly
> referenced from the container.

Whether it does or not is expressible in an ontology (as Henry has
already demonstrated). His choice of Turtle (and N3 rules when proof is
required) makes it easier to reach points of clarity, without confusion.
Natural Language is eternally susceptible to distracting ambiguity.

At this juncture, do you agree with what Henry has expressed in the
vocabulary he mapped out or not?

> --
> Arnaud  Le Hors - Software Standards Architect - IBM Software Group

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com