Re: MKCOL for making collections

"Wilde, Erik" <Erik.Wilde@emc.com> wrote on 01/22/2013 12:27:59 PM:

> nope, i'd say that a container/collection only accepts entries (ignoring
> the "non-RDF media type containers/collections" for now), and if you
POST
> anything else, you'll get a "precondition violated" exception.

I believe this is where the disconnect is.

If I got it right, in AtomPub and the model Erik is suggesting we adopt
because it would work both for composition and aggregation, a collection
doesn't contain member resources directly, it contains entries. Entries
can then contain resources (composition) or links to other resources
(aggregation).
The cost of this model is to introduce a level of indirection.

LDPC do not have anything like that. Instead, resources are directly
referenced from the container.