Re: Issue-34 Back_to_Basics proposal

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 21:18:26 +0100
Cc: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
To: John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com>
Hi John,

Reading your "Interaction Model" section, you point out that I added an additional constraint
on HTTP DELETE, namely that deleting the resource removes it from the containers
listing.  As you seem to think it is a good idea, I wonder if one should add that
as a new issue on its own.

In the section "Creating a member resource"
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Issue-34:_Back_to_Basics#Creating_a_member_resource

you have a resource that ends up being an Aggregation and a Container. I don't understand how one would know how to distinguish the meaning of rdfs:member in such a collection. Does the thing it points to when deleted get remove from the container always? In which case is there a point still to call it an Aggregation?

Henry

On 31 Jan 2013, at 22:01, John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Not having seen any replies to [1], wondering if it got lost in the shuffle.  This is the same proposal [2] mentioned on this week's call for how to resolve the issue and define an interaction model covering both aggregation and composition.
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2013Jan/0330.html
>
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Issue-34:_Back_to_Basics
>

> Best Regards, John
>
> Voice US 845-435-9470  BluePages