Re: Question regarding POST versus PUT for creating an LDPC

Hi Erik,
So, you're saying that somehow the server needs to advertise what URLs the
client can use to create resources using PUT, right?
We've already agreed to adding support for slugs on POST to a container.
How can we use them to let the server tell the client what URLs it can PUT
to? Wouldn't that be another use case for URL templates?

"Wilde, Erik" <Erik.Wilde@emc.com> wrote on 04/17/2013 11:13:22 AM:

> From: "Wilde, Erik" <Erik.Wilde@emc.com>
> To: Arnaud Le Hors/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS, "public-ldp-wg@w3.org"
> <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>,
> Date: 04/17/2013 11:16 AM
> Subject: Re: Question regarding POST versus PUT for creating an LDPC
>
> hello arnaud.
>
> On 2013-04-17 8:11 , "Arnaud Le Hors" <lehors@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> >The spec allows creating resources using PUT [1] but it recommends to
> >POST to a container as a way to do so [2]. The spec further specifies
> >that containers can be created the same way, since they are resources.
[3]