Re: ldp-ISSUE-24 (remain deleted): Should DELETED resources remain deleted? [Linked Data Platform core]

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Ruben Verborgh
<ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>> The problem with that text - and with the original - is that it
>> attempts to redefine HTTP DELETE.
>
> I don’t think it does.
> It just gives it a more strict interpretation, which is allowed since we’re not paraphrasing the HTTP spec but instead defining BPR servers.
> BPR servers are HTTP servers, but with some additional rules; requiring a 404 could be one of them.

Hmm. Well, the only way I can see that being the case is if the LDP
specification is not intended for clients. So, using 404 as an example
again, even though servers are required to return 404 after a DELETE,
BPR clients can't assume that will be the case.

Is that right?

Mark.