Re: ISSUE-37: how to proceed

hello andrei.

On 2012-11-21 06:33 , "Andrei Sambra" <andrei.sambra@gmail.com> wrote:
>I think some us have started implementing LDP endpoints (or at least
>parts of it), so maybe we can all come together and share our views and
>experiences on the progress so far. Can we do this on a wiki page? I have
>a feeling that our implementation ideas will ultimately converge into a
>generic model.

you're an optimist, and i like that! however, i don't think that our views
will magically converge (there are just many different ways to model this
domain). even if our ideas converged, we would need at least some
framework (maybe just the subsections i have used in my email) to explain
this agreed-upon model to somebody reading the spec for the first time.
and if we don't converge (which would be understandable because there are
many different ways in which you could model this, all equally valid
design, just different ways to approach the problem, probably based on
different use cases people have in mind), then this framework (the
subsections) at least might give us a good starting point to talk through
all questions in a structured way. i think so far all discussions around
fundamental model question meandered for a while with people expressing
different preferences, and then these threads just died off. we need a
better way how we can get to an explicit agreement in this, so that we all
know what we're doing, we can tell others what we're doing, and we don't
have to revisit these questions.