forms, direction, query, etc

From: Roger Menday <roger.menday@uk.fujitsu.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 17:40:04 +0000
To: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, Linked Data Platform Working Group <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>

Henry opened up some discussion at the end of our phone conference today, regarding his proposal about forms and query.

I've got to say that I thought Henry's proposal [1] was really elegant.
I also think that it is a solution for a problem that is very relevant to LDP.

If it has a flaw, it that a client needs to be SPARQL aware - which I don't think will help uptake. I made my proposal on this topic at [2]. I'll freely admit that it does not have the elegance of Henry's use of SPARQL to drive interaction from the client, but, what it does have is simplicity! It is sort of like "duck-typed creation" .... it doesn't offer anything elaborate (repeated, options, etc.) at the moment.

Roger

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2012Nov/0144.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2012Oct/0274.html