Re: forms, direction, query, etc

From: Wilde, Erik <Erik.Wilde@emc.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:53:48 -0500
To: Linked Data Platform Working Group <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>
CC: Roger Menday <roger.menday@uk.fujitsu.com>, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
hello roger.

On 2012-11-19 09:40 , "Roger Menday" <roger.menday@uk.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>If it has a flaw, it that a client needs to be SPARQL aware - which I
>don't think will help uptake.

not only would clients need to be supporting SPARQL (i don't see my iPhone
running SPARQL anytime soon), they would also need to use all of the
vocabularies the server would need to "query into their models". plus like
i mentioned earlier, security and privacy implications for anything like
this would be substantial. imagine you shopping for something and wanting
to ship it somewhere, and then the seller tells you "sure, no problem,
just let me browse through your complete address book for a minute here..."

cheers,

dret.