Re: decentralized use cases

hello henry.

On 2012-07-12 14:15 , "Henry Story" <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>In my view the best way to do that is to use WebID for authentication
>( see video at http://webid.info/ and the spec at http://webid.info/spec )
>and access control ontologies as for example demonstrated in the README
>on https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/read-write-web/
>The advantage of WebID is it ties right into LinkedData and you can use
>it to
>build webs of trust. I am working on building much more interesting
>demonstrations.

to me, this looks mostly like an way of implementing the first concern,
and does not address the second one. in terms of implementing the first
concern, very often you have to design and build platforms so that
existing clients and applications can build on top of them; telling your
enterprise and customer ecosystem components to all convert to WebID thus
is often not an option.