Re: I added some comments to the wiki page for ISSUE-37

hello ted.

On 2012-12-12 14:15 , "Ted Thibodeau Jr" <tthibodeau@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>On Dec 12, 2012, at 08:50 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>> It would be great if it were included but the issues of what is being
>>PUT (content handled differently to PUT of a resource\container) or POST
>>to a service (not REST) do need to be covered.
>I grow increasingly tired of the suggestion and even assertion
>that HTTP POST is inherently not RESTful.

maybe i am getting this wrong, but my understanding of andy's remark was
that POSTing to a resource that "represents an operation" is not RESTful.
instead, you're supposed to POST a request that describes the intended
state change to the resource itself. so instead of POSTing something to
object/42/dothis, you should POST a "dothis" representation to object/42.
that was my understanding, and that's how i see the world as well. andy,
feel free to correct me if i am misrepresenting your statement.