Re: I added some comments to the wiki page for ISSUE-37

From: Wilde, Erik <Erik.Wilde@emc.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:27:31 -0500
To: David Wood <david@3roundstones.com>, "ashok.malhotra@oracle.com" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
CC: "public-ldp-wg@w3.org" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>
hello all.

On 2012-12-11 5:21 , "David Wood" <david@3roundstones.com> wrote:
>Hierarchies of containers are necessary in my opinion, but I can't see a
>good reason not to allow (MAY) a graph structure that would map cleanly
>to the RDF model.

there's no need for a MAY if we just define a protocol for a flat model.
atompub does not talk about nested collections, because it is outside of
the scope of interactions you need for basic functionality. many
implementations have created conventions/additions that allow collections,
but from the protocol level standpoint, it doesn't matter at all.

>Does anyone have a good argument against containers within containers (I
>hope not).

i think the best argument is to say that for a basic platform, there's no
need to address this question, unless we want to build interactions around
that notion.

cheers,

dret.