Re: I added some comments to the wiki page for ISSUE-37

From: David Wood <david@3roundstones.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 08:21:32 -0500
Cc: "public-ldp-wg@w3.org" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>
To: "ashok.malhotra@oracle.com" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
On Dec 10, 2012, at 19:24, Ashok Malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 12/10/2012 2:37 PM, Wilde, Erik wrote:
>>> - Can collections contain collections i.e. are collections hierarchical?
>> this is a very important point.
> I agree.  Let's see what other members of the WG feel about this issue.
> For example, suppose for a minute that the content was RDF.  Does a hierarchical
> collection structure map gracefully to the RDF model?

An important point indeed!

Hierarchies of containers are necessary in my opinion, but I can't see a good reason not to allow (MAY) a graph structure that would map cleanly to the RDF model.

URIs are hierarchical, and so are file systems, but links work in both systems, making graphs.

Does anyone have a good argument against containers within containers (I hope not).

Regards,
Dave