Re: query your API

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 15:29:01 +0000
To: "Wilde, Erik" <Erik.Wilde@emc.com>
CC: "public-ldp-wg@w3.org" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>, Roger Menday <roger.menday@uk.fujitsu.com>

On 10/12/12 15:14, Wilde, Erik wrote:

>>> ... Query the RDF graph that describes a resource
>>> ... Query something that returns a list of resources that match a
>>> condition
>>> ... Query an RDF graph, or RDF dataset, that is all RDF in this LDP
>>> instance
>>> ... Query a containers and it's contained resources (graph? dataset?)
>>> ...  and there probably other units (container that is automatically all
>>> resources matching some pattern).
>
> we had some agreement that we cannot depend on LDP being implemented on
> top of a SPARQL-capable back-end. which means that any generic SPARQL
> capabilities are not possible. instead, we need LDP-specific query
> capabilities, specifying queries of the LDP model.

Yes, to not depend on SPARQL.

But another query language seems to make LDP a system that is costly to
integrate into a wider app situation.  Would it be more than "find
resources such that ..."?  If so, there is a whole infratsructure (e.g.
results formats) that may need defining.

At least, define it by a mapping to SPARQL rather than define a
independent QL.

	Andy