Re: [ld4lt] MetaShare OWL metamodel: first steps

Dear Jorge, all,

  thanks for sharing this with us. I would like to follow up on an
interesting comment that Andreas Blumauer from the SW Company made on
our last meeting (Andreas: I assume you are on this list?).

Andreas mentioned the importance of being able to discover relevant and
appropriate ressources. This use case is core for the LIDER project in
which many people here are involved and I think it would be great to
have some more specific requirements on this. These requirements might
then end up as a use case in a deliverable of LIDER and thus be part of
our roadmap. In addition, we would try to support the corresponding use
case at a technical level.

In order to get this started, it would be great to have some more
specific examples of what Andreas had in mind.

Andreas: would you be willing to provide us some examples of particular
needs in the form of pseudo-queries, e.g. "I need to find a lexicon in
the German language on a particular domain etc.". That would be very
helpful. I can try to narrate the whole thing into a coherent piece of
text that can end up in one of the LIDER deliverables on relevant
business cases.

Btw. Jorge and myself will be visiting the Metashare people at UPF
tomorrow, so if there is anything that this group wants as to clarify
there, please let us know latest today ;-)

Thanks and best regards,

Philipp.

--

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano

Phone: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 12412
Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de

Forschungsbau Intelligente Systeme (FBIIS)
Raum 2.307
Universität Bielefeld
Inspiration 1
33619 Bielefeld