Re: JLReq タスクフォース、第2回ミーティングは明日[gap analysis sections]

Perhaps it will be useful for me to mention a couple of things here that
may be relevant to the discussion:

The top-level structure of the gap-analysis doc, the typography index,
and the language matrix need to be the same, so that these items can
work together.

On the other hand,for the jlreq doc (and lreq docs in general) although
the top-level structure mentioned above may provide a useful starting
point, there is no need to follow that structure if a better one is
possible.

GAP ANALYSIS DOC STRUCTURE

Within each set, top-level section in the gap-analysis doc, the actual
content can be organised however you like in order to provide maximum
clarity and coverage.  The current subsections (for example under
vertical text) are simply what occurred to me off the top of my head
when i quickly pulled together an example document for people to refer to.

However, i would recommend that content of each subsection in the gap
analysis doc should aim to do the following things:

a. use subsection headings to describe one specific issue at a time, by
explaining what is expected to happen (or point to jlreq or specs for
requirements), and what actually happens.  (The gap-analysis doc should
not duplicate the lreq text, but it may be useful to summarise the key
points.)

b. demonstrate current support by browsers by pointing to tests or other
evidence wherever possible, and being specific as possible about which
browsers lack support. (There is a styling convention in the examples
that highlights browsers with colours related to support level, which
may help readers.)

c. describe the impact of the lack of support, and how that translates
to the coloured priority levels in the gap-analysis doc and the matrix.

hope that helps,
ri