Some remarks on 4395bis

From: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <evnikita2@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:25:19 +0300
To: public-iri@w3.org
Hello all,

I've recently re-read the IRI WG document - 4395bis draft
(draft-ietf-iri-4395bis-irireg).  What I'd currently like to ask is why
we want to write a new document obsoleting RFC 4395, but in fact
repeating everything currently found in it modulo some minor
clarifications and extending its action on schemes used with IRIs.  I
personally think such approach is too heavyweight.  Couldn't writing and
publishing an RFC updating RFC 4395 to accommodate IRI schemes in its
registration procedures be enough?  Any thoughts on this?

Mykyta Yevstifeyev