Re: loading open IRI issues into tracker

Hello Julian,

Many thanks for your explanations. Many thanks also to Henrik for
setting up the commit hooks.

On 2010/03/24 22:59, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Trac detects patterns like #issuenumber and [change] in commit messages,
> and hyperlinks them in the timeline and the issues.
>
> It also can change the status of issues based on keywords in commit
> messages, such as
>
> resolves #123

Is there a list of such keywords somewhere? Or can you just send the
hook script so that I can have a look at it?

> but that requires a post-commit hook script to be installed. I'm sure
> Henrik will do that for us if we ask nicely.
>
> There is no automatic linking to mailing list messages though (that
> would be cool, though).

Okay, so as a summary, there is a very good svn->trak connection, but
the mailing list is essentially separate (I remember that in LTRU, we at
some point had switched on the automatic sending of messages from the
tracker to the mailing list; we had to stop that but I'm not sure
exactly anymore why, I guess we got two mails for each update of the
tracker or some such).

Another question: Is it possible to change the original title/text of an
issue? For example, issue #1
(http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iri/trac/ticket/1) would be quite a bit
easier to understand if it read:

     Need better definition of "valid URL" as used in HTML5

instead of

     Need better definition of "valid URL"

Or is the only solution to close an issue and open a new one?

Regards,    Martin.