Re: [draft-duerst-iri-bis-06] differences from HTML5 algorithm

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:08:45 +0200, Martin J. Dürst
<duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:
> I haven't looked at this in detail, but Larry may have. We definitely
> don't want to have accidental differences between the algorithms. But we
> may also have to as you back for rationale for some of the steps in the
> original HTML5 algorithm.

I just looked again and the first point in the algorithm is already
different. Where HTML5 trims all whitespace characters iri-bis only trims
U+0020. Anyway, I hope you get back to me when either of you studied the
differences better.

As for the rationale for the HTML5 algorithm. Ian would know better, but I
think all can be traced back to reverse engineering browsers and making a
decision based on the data you get out of that. It should be possible to
trace it all back to implementations.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/