Re: Interpretation if %-escapes in IRIs

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:59:47 -0400
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, public-iri@w3.org

Hello Bjoern,

Many thanks for your comment.

At 05:23 03/04/29 +0200, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>Hi,
>
>   Is there a section in the current IRI draft that specifies how
>%-escapes in IRIs are to be interpreted?

I'm not really sure I understand what you mean, so I'm not yet
creating an issue for this.

%-escapes in IRIs are handled mostly the same way as in URIs.
There is no special text about this. Do you think there should
be? If yes, where should it go? What should it say?

The only case where there is something special is conversion
from an URI back to an IRI, where some of the %-escape sequences
(but not all) may be converted back to actual characters.
That's explained in detail in "3.2 Converting URIs to IRIs".

Regards,    Martin.