Re: Optimistic over Universal

Connectors can keep track of all of the payments they are a part of and
their positions in different currencies. The reference implementation has a
way to configure it to do this.

>From the protocol's perspective it doesn't matter whether or not connectors
keep track of their payment history (they definitely want to remember which
outgoing transfer corresponds to which incoming transfer though). In
general we assume the ledger's view of the balance is definitive but you
can certainly set up some connectors such that there is no ledger involved
and both sides keep track of their positions.

--

Evan Schwartz
Software Engineer