Re: Agenda+ Re: Wednesdays Telecon; Call for agenda

James and All:

James Craig writes:
> On Apr 4, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> wrote:
>
> > Please provide any agenda items you would like included on our upcoming
> > teleconference this coming Wednesday 10 April at 21:00Z.
>
> Agenda+
>
> User Context overlap with CSS Media Queries.
> http://w3c-test.org/csswg/mediaqueries3/
>
> Monochrome is in the list, but contrast settings which the PFWG previously suggested is not. Which of the UC keys do we want to propose for inclusion in MQ? Which keys would we be willing to give up from UC if they were included in MQ? I think the basic font-size settings may be droppable if picked up in MQ.

I have expanded this topic while placing it on our agenda for this
week's call:

agenda+ User Context, Media Queries, CSS, and the IDPF

For those who aren't yet aware, IDPF is the "International Digital
Publishing Forum." It's the umbrella organization for digital
publishing. These are the "epub" people:

http://idpf.org

IDPF is committed to publishing standards that track W3C specifications
to the extent they're able. Meanwhile, W3C has initiated talks with IDPF
in order to discover how better to support IDPF's requirements. At a
recent joint teleconference (which I attended) the issue of better
foreground/background color control was raised. I immediately indicated
the long standing PF interest in this area. I propose we discuss the
possibility of meeting the broadest range of user context needs,
including IDPF. I suspect this may place demands on OS development in
addition to what we can do via Media Queries, CSS, and our User Context
specifications.

More about this during our call.

Janina

--