Re: IndieUI Event Interfaces

That is fine with me.

Rich Schwerdtfeger

From:	James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
To:	Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>,
Cc:	public-indie-ui <public-indie-ui@w3.org>
Date:	11/05/2012 08:34 AM
Subject:	Re: IndieUI Event Interfaces

Unless I hear objections, I am going to remove the IDL descriptions
altogether b/c IĄŻm not sure they add much value.

I had considered the entirely lowercase event names, but AFAIK, not all
events are defined this way. IĄŻll look for some other examples, but unless
I find some good reasons, IĄŻll make the switch to lowercase.

On Nov 5, 2012, at 4:48 AM, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>  The event interfaces are currently defined in a way that doesn't match
the rest of the platform.

> The UIRequestEvent defines an "eventType" attribute as an unsigned short,
with various constants defined to identify the type.  The exact purpose of
these constants is not clear as it does not match the way in which event
types are indicated for other events.

> The UIRequestEvent inherits from UIEvent, which in turn inherits from
Event.  The Event interface defines a "type" attribute as a string. e.g.
"click", "mouseover", etc.  This same type attribute should be used for
these newly introduced events. e.g. "undorequest", "dismissrequest", etc.
The constants (UNDO, REDO, etc.) and the eventType attribute defined in the
UIRequestEvent interface should be removed.

> The names of the events defined in this specification should also match
the conventions used for other events in the platform.  The names are case
sensitive and should be defined in all lower case, rather than camel case
(e.g. "undorequest" instead of "UndoRequest").