Re: Recap of TPAC discussion

On 11/14/13 10:14 AM, "Brendan Long" <B.Long@cablelabs.com> wrote:

>> I see. How do people want to expose things which don't fit in a
>> AudioTrack, VideoTrack or TextTrack?
>
>I think the plan is to expose additional metadata as a TextTrack, even
>though it's not actually a "track" in the original format.

I am writing up this approach and will put it in the Wiki. This is the
approach that is taken by the current CableLabs spec.

Another approach was suggested by Cyril, which I like. This was to set an
attribute on all video, audio and text tracks that contain that tracks
media resource metadata. The inbandTrackMetadataDispatchType [1] attribute
essentially fills this role for TextTracks with 'kind' == metatdata. We
could propose adding this attribute to video and audio tracks, and
renaming it trackMetadata. I will also write up this alternative and put
it in the Wiki so we can compare the two.

Bob

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/embedded-content-0.html#text-track-in-band-metad
ata-track-dispatch-type