Re: AR Web

On 8/20/2018 2:49 PM, Pete Markiewicz wrote:
> I'd have to say - this has already been tried. About 10 years ago,
> there was a browser (Australian company, but I can't remember the
> name) that specifically levitated standard HTML elements into the
> third dimension. Went nowhere.

You could say that about this entire VR/AR endeavor - it's all been
tried before, and many companies have gone nowhere in the process.  Just
because someone tried something in the past and did not succeed does not
mean there's no merit to the idea, and that others won't succeed in
making such a thing a reality.

There are many reasons why VR didn't go anywhere the first time around,
and computing as a platform has evolved a lot since then.  Let's not
fall into the trap of shooting down ideas just because someone else
previously failed to execute on the vision in the past, and instead
focus on how to accomplish what we're all setting out to do today.

--
James Baicoianu
Principal Engineer, JanusVR