Re: AR Web

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 8:31 PM Rik Cabanier <rcabanier@magicleap.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 4:46 PM Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com> wrote:
>
>> Definite +1 to driving this in the IWCG.  The focus on getting WebXR
>> Device API out of the door will move to the soon-to-be-open-for-business
>> Working Group, which should free up some time and focus in the CG.  I'm
>> personally pretty interested in driving some discussion in the CG for how
>> we can get some model interop - i.e. rough standardization on asset type
>> support,
>>

> Yes, that is a good idea. We will likely have to talk to several group
> within W3C to get a standard model type for the web.

Yup.  And make no mistake, I don't expect we'll limit the web to one model
type, but it would be good to get a baseline.

As for the AR content, we can present what we currently implemented if
> there's interest from the group.

I think that would be useful.

> and I've poked in to what you've done in Helio and Prismatic.
>>

> I'd love to hear what your thoughts are on our approach. Did you already
> find the web inspector? :-)

I saw the support but haven't hooked it in yet.  I did get a hub with mine,
though, so I'm preparing.  :)  The browser UX had some... interesting
choices.  I think the ML-model design has some potential, though it seems
pretty specific to headset AR scenario at first glance, and I think
bridging across device scenarios will be one of the harder challenges here.